We Will Rock You

On Monday we went to see “We Will Rock You” which is a West End musical based on the tunes of the music legends, Queen. We had purchased the tickets ages ago on a 2-for-1 deal and had gotten front row seats!!

It was a fantastic show with impressive vocals and fabulous costumes. The crowd was filled with Queen fans so they really “got going” with the big hits (glow sticks and more clappage, but it worked this time!). It was super special being up the front as we usually buy the cheapest possible tickets which get us seats somewhere in the vicinity of the back row on the top balcony…At this show we were only about two metres away from the actors and could see all the detail in their facials, the sweat, the toned bods etc. (By the way from which I’ve decided I’m quite happy not having “a six pack” as I didn’t think that defined abs looked the best on the actresses… a flat tummy is still on the wish list of course)

I’ve been warned that once you go front row you’ll never be the same, but as much as I may whinge when watching future shows, there’s no way I’ll fork out for full price front row seats ever…well, unless I become rich of course =) never say never

On Thursday I’m going to see “Wicked” with Toni - I know, two shows in one week…what a life one leads!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay, LOVED We will rock you. Only one minor issue, where I was sitting (in the cheap seats) the very loud sound system distorted some words and you couldn't really understand the female lead (the evil witch type one)

How was Wicked? I so want to go, mainly because my room in Toronto has a wicked poster on it all summer last year