Snakie

Friday night Toni & I headed to the Redback Tavern in Acton to meet up with Michelle and a couple of her friends. We had never been to the Reddie before, it's reputation is rather large amongst the antipodeans in London as a shocker of a place that can get very messy with the comsumption of snakebites a must. A snakebite is a pint glass half filled with cider, half with lager and a couple of dashes of raspberry cordial. Lets just say it's an acquired taste! Many "fresh of the boat" travellers spending a lot of their time and money at such establishments! The Redback is exactly like a student pub you'd go to when you're aged 18 back home, like the Outback or the Grumpy Mole. (Although I know I partied in these places long after I turned 18!)
The place was pretty packed and there was live music and also a DJ in between sets. The first couple of hours were fun and we had a good dance but then we found the music started to go "down hill" so we decided to head off around 1:15am... we had researched (yes we're secretaries!) how to get home to avoid having to pay for a taxi and discovered we needed to take three (!!) different night buses, which, including stopping to pick up KFC and just missing two buses, ended up taking us two hours to get home. We were cold, tired and Toni's oh so beautiful shoes weren't doing anything good for her tootsies. A bonus of that time of the morning was seeing some foxes, a couple right on our street!
There were photos taken, as you would expect, but not on my camera, so I may update some at a later date. I probably wouldn't go again. but mostly just because it's too far away from our house... there's always the Walkabout or the Church if I'm in need of a dose of drunk Aussies & kiwis! And I really really want a night out at my vodka bar girlies... hmmm maybe October at the rate we're going!

No comments: