Posh posh

Wednesday night (06/08) I ventured out amongst the filthy rich…well actually I wasn’t amongst them per see, just on their streets, checking out their fandangle chauffeured cars and passing stores such as Chanel, Gucci, Dolce & Gabanna, Gianni Versace, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Giorgio Armani, Oililly, Cartier, Tiffany & Co…I think you get the picture – and these are just the bunch that I recognised (as in name, not goods…having never owned anything remotely designer in my life). It goes without saying that my jandals did not step foot in any of the above shops but it was neat to have a cheeky sneak peak on my way passed, minimal window displays not giving much away, but ladies I can say it looks like a navyish blue seems to be “in” this season.

My main purpose to be on “that side of the tracks” was to visit Harrods – another “must do” on the list in London and as I am getting increasingly worried about the lack of time we have left over here, week nights are now classed as critical time to be made the most of! Harrods was incredible, so big they hand out maps! There are multiple levels and escalators everywhere, "themed" areas eg. Egyptian, a beautiful Christmas shop, a scrumptious food court and even a memorial to Princess Diana & Dodi (the owner being the father of Dodi). There's a large marble like statue of the pair - which I thought I'd take a picture of "later", but never found again! There was of course lots of expensive stuff but also a Harrods giftshop directed at us tourists where I brought a few goodies including my very own Harrods branded Teddy Bear!

No comments: