Date Night

I’d decided to arrange a bit of a date night out for Niki and I – partly to celebrate his Birthday and just cos we don’t do it often enough. We went to a cheap and cheerful Vietnamese restaurant which was BYO. Niki gets free wine from work, bummer is I don’t like wine, but the sweetheart brought me the sweetest wine they stocked - a delicious Asti (mmm tastes like sparkling grape juice), the only downside it being a mere 5% alcohol.

After that I’d arranged to go to Vertigo 42 – A posh bar in Tower 42, and, would you believe it, on the 42nd floor! The lift ride took ‘forever’ and my ears were doing strange things with the altitude! We got there at 8:30pm which was fantastic as we were able to enjoy the amazing view in the daylight and then see the sunset and the city by night. Our allocated seats were perfect, overlooking the Tower Bridge and the Thames etc. The drinks were a tad pricey but we knew that going in, we both opted for a cocktail. There was a bottle of Champagne on the menu for £795!!!!! Yes daaaarling I’ll have one of those! The staff were really nice and as there was space we were allowed to move seats to see the view from the other side. On the way to the loos you glance out and see the top of the “gherkin” (a large bullet shaped building) just a few metres away.

No comments: