To Do List

This weekend was to be all about getting things done on our list (well “my” list, I’m a list person!). We did gardening, took a load of rubbish to the dump and other odd jobs around the house. The weekend flew by though and I’m sad to say we didn’t finish everything on “the list”, but we made a good effort.

I got some awesome bargains: an RPM hoody (kind of NZ-ish) and a pair of those Teva walking sandals – UGLY – but I have to have them so I feel better that I didn’t pay full price since they are ugly! All the travellers wear them so I'm sure I'll get used to them and will be glad for the comfort.

My sister visited with my gorgeous nephew! He is the cutest ever. It was great to see them and Jo took away a huge black rubbish bag full of my clothes & knick knacks, as well as our drawers and shelves! So now we’re living out of boxes!! Makes things a bit more exciting… Lucky dip what to wear.

Saturday night I was domesticated and baked a banana loaf (very yum) and after cleaning up and having a shower etc, I was sitting on the couch in my trackies having a quiet vodka watching tele (as you do). When at 9.30pm my flatty (Tarra) decided we should go out! I was a bit unmotivated but decided since it would be my last weekend out in Hammy and partying with Tarra I should go. And I’m super glad I did. We had the funnest night! We went to Tarra’s friends house and then on to town to Venom (Gay Bar) where we partied the night away. Even got to see a beautiful drag queen do a lip-sync. Some of Tarra’s friends are gay so that’s why we were there in the 1st place. I also saw Jason (Doug’s friend) who I knew when I was 17 so that’s a blast from the past, turns out he used to go out with one of Tarra’s friends! Small gay community I guess, everyone knows everyone.

This Wednesday we’re going out for dinner with our flatties so that should be fun, but also sad at the same time! Doug’s lived with us for 3.5 years and even though my flatm8’s drive me up the wall sometimes we’ve always had pretty cool ppl so it’s the end of an era really. The time is just flying!!!!

We have to have a go at packing our packs this week, hopefully I won’t be too horrified with the little amount of stuff I can take!

The count down is on!

No comments: