Wounded in battle

Who said Health & Safety didn't matter in office jobs? jokes are often made about the worse injury an office worker could sustain is a "paper cut" or a "broken nail"... They obviously hadn't been around accident prone Hayley! Although compared to Ragan's experience (previous workmate) my "mishap" was nothing. Ragan managed to break her elbow (yes, her elbow!) when tripping over her dictation machine cord!

This morning I had just enjoyed a lovely morning tea shout and was putting some chairs back in the adjoining room, went to shut the door (not a normal door...one that I guess you could say "stretches/folds" so when it's closed the partitions are straight) anyway... I jammed my thumb! it made a deep cut, blood blisters and a whole lot of bruising. Luckily my boss was near and what a super duper first aider she was. At first they thought I may need stitches - but on closer inspection it wasn't as bad. just a whole lot of painful throbbing and the embarrassment of being such a dufus...yet again! James & Wells girls will remember the countless "grazed knees" from me tripping over on the way to/from work...

You don't realise how much u use your thumb until you can't!

1 comment:

Toni said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one who walks around the office saying oww all the time after walking into walls, desks, doors, anything really!