She's just a vodka girl

Friday night we dined at Le Dome for Sheree & Marty’s farewell (Yummy Belgian Café on Victoria St in Hamilton with a zillion weird and wonderful beers and glasses). We then headed to Kremlin, new vodka bar on Vic St. which is really awesome & stylish, it looks really small from the street but if you go down the back there’s heaps of leather couches, pool tables, booths, 2 bars, dance floor etc etc. lotsa fun but I was home by midnight… my excuse being that I’d gotten up at 5.30am that morning to be dragged to the gym by my crazily motivated flatmate! Sheree & Marty are off to Eu so I’m sure we’ll see them again in the not so distant future! Happy Travels Guys!

Saturday night I finally got to catch up with Debra Balzer whom I haven’t really seen since Nov last year! We went out to Sahara Tent, byo wine styles and had lotsa fun catching up and then moved on to the Kremlin 4 drinks (where we had young admirers who wooed Debra by telling her she looked like a school girl & couldn’t possibly be 24!) and then on to Sekure/The Loft for the Heineken dance party. $10 door charge which I’m not usually happy paying but Debra had friends inside so we decided to go in. It was surprisingly fun even though I’m not usually into DJ dance parties but we had a good time and stayed til 3 so we got our money worth J haha such a bargain queen. And most importantly I was not hungover on Sunday – didn’t even succumb to peer pressure from DB to take her party pills! yay (last weekend’s hangover was far too fresh in my mind!)

Um umm what else has been happening…

My Mum & Terry (her partner) arrived at midnight on Tuesday from Aus (YAY duty free apple smirnoff!), so we picked them up from Ham Airport and they stayed the night. I had lunch with them on Wed and then they headed off to Tauranga. They’re here for 2 weeks though and there’s a few family things on so will be good to spend a bit of time with them.

Niki just finished re-staining the deck and fixing the front stairs. We’re (or should I say “Niki”) is also in the process of painting our loo…well the room anyway, not the actual loo! Thought he’d start on a small room and see how it looks… hope to finish it this weekend

A BIG congrats to Anj & Craig for the birth of Riley Craig Neilson-Hall born 27 March @ 7.45pm weighing 8lb7oz!! awww cute, can’t wait to see him I’m sure Ava will be a great big sister.

Watched "Little Miss Sunshine" the other night too, very funny and not your "average comedy" at all. I recommend it!


I’m a bit late in blogging this, it’s already nearly the weekend again and we’ve got lots on…starting with my brother’s wedding tomorrow (Friday 30th)!!!!

Stay tuned xx

No comments: