Mr & Mrs Chan

Friday started off with Donna & I attending Lisa’s step-class – I must say we were quite bad! But it was funny and a good work-out. Lisa went to have her hair washed/straightened so we did some groceries and bits & pieces.

At 3pm we met Lisa and her Dad at the beach for a walk through to see how long the song was and how quick we had to walk – it seemed like the longest boardwalk ever! We spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning the house, including the toilet (just you wait Lisa!) and Donna even did the fish bowl, while Lisa furiously typed her dad’s, Lindsay’s and her own speeches!! It was a pretty full-on evening with us not getting to bed until midnight…

Saturday morning we were out of the house at 8.30 to go to Abode to have our hair & make up done…then a quick stop in at the reception around 12 to make sure everything was going to plan, tracked down our bouquets and raced back out to Papamoa. I luckily had a bit of spare relax time at that point so I downed a couple of Riccadonna’s and snacks whilst Donna did the wedding ribbon on the cars and Lisa packed her overnight bag and all the time we were “acting natural” for the Vidtographer. (I’m going to be a movie star!)

Lisa & Lindsay were married on Saturday 10 March at 2pm at Papamoa Beach. It was a beautiful day and everything went really well. Lisa looked stunning – just like a bride out of a magazine!

The reception was held at the Sebel Trinity (new hotel on the water on Dive Cres in Tauranga). It’s a beautiful hotel and the reception room looked awesome. The food was Chinese, yum! I did a speech which went ok even though I was shaking and half crying! Mustn’t have had enough drinks yet ay. Haha I stayed surprisingly sober – mainly as I’m not a fan of wine (but the ol’ adding lemonade trick kind of worked). The cake was very funky and it was chocolate, banana & carrot… just gorgeous - yes I tried all 3 flavours!

It was a fabulous ‘party’, there was a band and it was so great to be together with this huge group of friends as we don’t often all see each other together.

L&L were classy (or perhaps horny) and left the party just before 12 I think. A group of friends (some of whom were VERY drunk…ahem Lin) went on to party in town ‘til 3am…We got home just after 1am…I’m losing my knack!

Fantastic weekend =)


No comments: