I’m an athlete! Well, sort of…

From 4.30pm on Friday 16 March a team of my workmates participated in the “Summer Olmypics” - a fun games evening hosted by AgResearch and open to all businesses we deal with. The theme was “Kiwiana”.

We went as a NZ Comedy Show comprising of Fred Dagg, The Topp Twins, Ewan McGregor (blonde wig and all), Cal Wilson and Mike King (a non-maori version)! Hilarious

The games included: slippery slide and gumboot throwing, giant genga, moon hopper relay, 2 people in a sack collecting “kiwi eggs”; blindfolded human sheep herding and a few other crazy games. It was an awesome night, so much fun even thought we didn’t win any prizes – but we didn’t come last either!

Best dressed went to a team dressed as characters from Playschool…Big Ted, Little Ted, Manu & Jemima! Brings back the memories huh…Fantastic effort!

I was far too drunk… and had my first hung-over for a while on Saturday…not pleasant! I got up and had a shower went back to bed, had a piece of toast then to bed, went to Chartwell, back to bed…and so on… until next thing it was 3.30pm and I realised I better get ready for Shane & Kirstin’s engagement party which I was getting picked up for at 4.30!

Engagement party was lovely, I was still not feeling the best but they had sooo much good fatty food and I even managed a couple of glasses of yummy alcoholic punch (what can I say…booze hag!) but by 10pm I was ready for bed…I’d been there 5 hours so pretty good effort!

Sunday was “project day” and I finally felt my usual self so was stoked. Niki fixed the front step and I stripped wallpaper in the toilet (pleasant job that was!)

My mum & Terry arrive from Aus on Tuesday (YAY) and my brother gets married next Friday. Then we’re celebrating my sister’s 21st next Saturday; we’re possibly up Kaikohe from the Thurs b4 easter visiting Niki’s dad and then in Tauranga for my grandparent’s 50th wedding anniversary on Easter Sunday - 8 April (Louisa & Justine’s Birthdays!!) so might see some of u locals then. Also Anj will have def had baby by then so will hopefully get a sneak peek!

Hope u are all well xo


No comments: