San Sebastian

It was another long train trip from Barcelona to San Sebastian so we didn’t get in and settled at our hostel til around 9pm. We went for a wee wander along the promenade and had some lovely views of the ocean and city lights. Our hostel was in perfect location and had really great facilities.

The next morning was a little drizzly and overcast which really put a damper on things. Niki decided to brave the elements and go explore whilst I was in need of some gelato and retail therapy! We met up for lunch, the sun came out and then we spent the afternoon at the lovely beach…the only problem was that when the tide came in most of the beach disappeared so you were sitting very close to everyone to all fit in!

Later that evening we went out to a bar and relaxed over some mojitos before going out for dinner and deciding to give paella another go. It was pretty tasty but still we aren’t major fans. I even ate a whole mini octupus (the size of a grape) which tasted fine, but I couldn’t bring myself to eat any more of them, all the lil legs etc ewwwww. I think I’d prefer the chicken version of paella! (Check out the tan lines...how pastey was I?!)

No comments: