No Woman No Cry

Monday we started the job hunt. I rang up the 2 agents I’d been emailing and arranged appointments for that afternoon and the next day. First time on the tube by myself and I’m pleased to say it was a breeze J T appointment went well and I was offered my first temping assignment to start Wednesday. A Big sigh of relief! I’d heard it would be easy for me to get legal secretary work but until you actually do, you still have doubts. So this job is for 8 days, could be longer and in the meantime they keep ringing me about 3 month contracts that are coming up, but nothing I’m keen for so far.

Monday night we scooted off to the O2 stadium to see Damian & ?? Marley (two of Bob Marley’s sons…I think!) perform. It was a free gig outside the stadium. It’s not really my type of music but it was actually fun and it was neat when they did some of Bob’s songs: “Buffalo Soldier” and “No Woman, No Cry” so of course I hollered along to those. We brought takeaways for dinner which cost £14 for both of us…unfortunately I was still in the “converting” stage so nearly had a cow when I realised our meal had cost us the equivalent of NZ$40! I really have to stop doing that, it’s actually not that badly priced over here…once you’re earning the pound that is! I plan to go shopping with Lee-Ann this weekend as I need a few more work clothes and other stuff. I’m really looking forward to it as I haven’t been shopping for me since Christmas. I still can’t buy too much though as it won’t fit in my backpack :(

No comments: