Social Butterfly 30/06-04/07

The other week was rather busy, fun of course, but also surprisingly made me treasure the quiet "school" nights I usually have. A self-confessed Nana!

Monday we went out to dinner as my work had told me they'd pay for Niki & I to go out for dinner as a thank you for working quite late one night - they already paid me overtime as well but hey I'm not complaining. It was nice going out and not worrying about the cost. It wasn't an expensive place so even with 3 courses each and a few drinks we came in well under 'budget'.

Tuesday I went to Sheree & Marty's for their "farewell" BBQ as they were off travelling the next day for a month then off home back to NZ in August. I ended up kitchen-bitching it with Sheree for an hour before heading 5 houses down the road to their friends for the BBQ. It was really entertaining, they have a good bunch of kiwi flatmates and friends who are all living it up in London. Later Sheree loaded me up with a massive bag of her clothes she no longer wanted and other bits including 3 bottles of booze, and I managed to get home by midnight - after major missions carrying everything!! Niki didn't come as he had to start at 3am the next day ... yes I said 3am!

Wednesday I had nothing on, but Niki was away - which is typical.

Thursday I had wrangled an invite to a work party involving a bunch of my old workmates from Edinburgh! It was so fantastic to see everyone again, I didn't realise how much I missed them all. Unfortunately the party was a little bit lame, them not serving spirits was a contributing factor! By the time the music started some time after 10pm I had already decided to head home - taking into account the tube ride home etc = another late night... concealer required!

Friday we had Mandy & Aaron's farewell at the Temple Walkabout. I had had a manic day at work and had stayed late so was ready for a vodka! It was great to catch-up and we had a laxed time including sampling some "gourmet" pub grub - Niki opted for the kangaroo burger of all things, tastes like any ol' burger according to him. The DJ was playing cheese music so we had a wee boogy, brought the kids a "see ya later" jager shot and had some tearful (the girls) hugs good bye. We made a beeline for the door just after 10 as we had an early start the next morning - but that's another post altogether.

No comments: