Athens & Aegina (Greek Islands), Greece

It was exciting to be in Athens as it was a city I had obviously heard of growing up, compared to all the random places we’d just been! Unfortunately the streets and beaches are surprisingly grubby and filled with rubbish etc. We had warm weather but it was very hazy which we were later told was sand blowing in from Africa!! On our first day we explored the city a bit, it’s cool how you just walk along and then see impressive ruins and pillars amongst it all. We had dinner out sampling the Greek cuisine including moussaka, stuffed vine leaves, greek salad and local wine. On our second day we went over to Aegina on a ferry (1.5 hours) and spent the day exploring the island on a scooter, it was lots of fun! On our last day we headed to the Acropolis which was pretty amazing, I’m not into history and stuff but it still kept me entertained for 3 hours. We spent the afternoon doing a bit of shopping and I got a great pair of leather jandals. Our flight departed at 9pm (but was delayed) so we finally walked through the door in London at 2:30am… exhausted but so thrilled with our travels and happy to finally put our feet up…until the next morning when the flat and job hunt was to begin!

And as you can see this “Eastern Europe Blog” ended up being a novel… I don’t expect you to read it all! I’ve had a lot of spare time at my current temp job and I figure it will be nice for me to look back on in a few years =)

No comments: