Brrrrrrrrrrrr it’s cold in here

Wednesday night we had a date at the Absolut Ice Bar. Sheree and Marty are moving to Ireland this weekend so was a good excuse to catch-up and spend our money on over priced cocktails! I had been raving about the Ice Bar as I had been to one in Sydney about 2 years ago when I was staying with Pam, and had absolutely loved it. Unfortunately the London one just didn’t live up to my expectations, nor anyone elses cos I’d been talking it up.

The Sydney Bar had a lot of awesome ice sculptures, great atmosphere and a warm outfit, including ugg-boots. The London one was a bit more budget, and we just got a throw-over poncho thing & gloves. It cost £12 incl a drink which since we are all working over here is pretty good price…but I wouldn’t recommend it to any tourist. Anyway we still had a nice time, you’re only in there for 40mins as it’s too cold, so we took a dozen pics and enjoyed our cocktails, drunk out of glasses made of ice, and then ran out of there quickly as our fingers were about to fall off from the cold! After that we wandered down the street and found a bar to have another drink in. Lee-Ann and I splashed out on a jug of a cocktail =) soo yum. We were feeling a little bit peckish and Sheree had ordered some nacho chips & dips so we decided to get wedges…see photo… yes there are 5 wedges in total! Enough for one each!

No comments: